You can prevent staff members from overriding the class capacity. The key is to enable the Waitlists Feature for your site, but disable a waitlist for any classes that you wish to place a hard cap on the class capacity.
Follow the setup instructions below for best results.
- Go to the Home tab>Manager Tools>Settings>Class & Enrollment Options.
- Expand the section Booking and Sign-in Policies.
- Find and check the box for "Enabled Waitlists".
- On the same screen, expand the "Enrollment Schedule Options", and make sure that the box for "Use Drop in Specific Capacities" is checked.
- Click the Update button on the top right hand corner of your screen.
Set Permissions for Staff:
- Go to the Home tab>Staff>Tools>Staff Permissions.
- Select the group you are looking to restrict from the drop down menu on the left.
- Once the group is selected, expand "Reservation Permissions."
- Make sure that the box for "Override Event Drop in Capacities" is unchecked.
- Click Update.
Restrict Class Capacity:
- Select the Classes Tab.
- On your class schedule, click on the name of the class you want to limit capacity.
- The page will reload to Edit Scheduled Class/Event. Under the Event and waitlist size section, set the box next to How Many Can Waitlist to zero.
- Click Save.
Repeat steps 1-4 until all classes you wish to prevent the staff from being able to add anyone to the class past the capacity is completed.
Later on, if a staff member attempts to sign in a client past the capacity, this window will pop up:
- Classes: How to add a client to a class waitlist
- Classes: Advanced Daily Use
- Classes: How do I add space to a scheduled class? (Class Capacity)