This article will assist you in creating a donation (or free) class. There are three options for creating this. Pick the best option that will work for you.
- Option 1 Make class free
- Option 2 Create a new service category
- Option 3 Allow clients to choose donation amount online
Make the class free. If you are OK with only accepting cash or check for donations, you can make the class a free class, and accept all donations outside of the MINDBODY system. To make a class free:
- Click on the Classes tab then click on the name of the scheduled class.
- Check the "free class" checkbox on the far right.
- Click "Save."
Create a new Service Category and Pricing Option for the donation class (if you want to track the donations in Business Mode).
- Create a new Service Category, Revenue Category, Class Type, and Class.
- Schedule the donation class under this new program.
- Create the Pricing Option that will pay for the class. (Something that you can edit at Point of Sale, based on the amount of the donation)
- Be sure to assign the "donation class" revenue category that you created earlier.
- These donations will appear in sales reports as revenue, so the business will need to run a report to view all sales under the "donation class" revenue category, and remove that from the sales total as necessary.
- Finally, make a Payment Method that is non-cash equivalent called "Donation" so it won't track as actual income.
Allow client's to choose donation amount online.
- Make sure the revenue category is donation
- You create multiple single session pricing options rates: $1, $5, $10, etc.
- Classes: Scheduling Classes
- Classes: Editing Classes
- Classes: Class Types
- Site Setup:Class setup, scheduling, and pricing options movie
- Payment Methods Screen
- How to set up work trades for exchange of services?