You may be trying to add a resource using the Make Schedule Change option called "Temporary-Date Range" while editing you class or enrollment. If this class or enrollment was never originally scheduled with a resource, you will not be able to use the "temporarily" option to assign a resource to that class or enrollment.
For example: If your Bikram Yoga Class was originally scheduled for every Tuesday at 2 p.m. for the next 12 months without ever being assigned a resource/room (e.g., room, equipment), then you cannot use the "Temporary -- Date Range" option to add Room A to your Bikram Yoga Class after it was scheduled.
You can make a permanent change. Note: Adding a resource changes the permanent nature of the class, meaning this change isn't temporary, but permanent.
To add a resource to a class or enrollment that was already scheduled, but has never had a resource assigned:
- Be sure you have set up your Rooms and Resources in your site.
- Click on the Class or Enrollment tab.
- Click on the name of the class or enrollment.
- Click on the "[Make Schedule Change]" link.
- At the top of the Make Schedule Change screen, change the dropdown box next to "Please select the type of change" to "Permanent -- From Date Forward."
- Set the Start Date at the top to when the class or enrollment will start using the resource.
- Tick the box next to TIME CHANGE.
- Select a New Start Time and New End Time, even if they're both just the originally schedule times. The system needs to have something "change" in order for this to take effect.
- Click Submit.
- Just to be safe, on the Edit Scheduled Class/Event screen, check for resource conflicts using the "[Check Conflicts]" link. Once you find the perfect, non-conflicting resource, click on the "[Return to Edit Scheduled Class]" link in the upper right corner.
- Choose a resource using the Add Resource dropdown menu.
- Click Assign Resource.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom.
Note: Even though you made a "Permanent -- Date Forward" schedule change, all clients that were previously enrolled into the original class will be moved into this "new" class with the resource assigned. That is, don't worry, you didn't lose any clients that were scheduled for this class.
- Accelerate subscribers have full access to the MINDBODY software including the Advanced Marketing Dashboard.
- Pro subscribers are a software level below Accelerate. They have many of the same features with some exclusions.
- Setting up Rooms and Resources
- What are the types of schedule changes on the Make Schedule Change screen?