This article will assist you in understanding the differences between the different pricing option activation dates.
- In order for the following options to work, you must enable: "Pricing option activation dates-Enforce" in the General Setup & Option.
- Option 3, Choosing a date, is only available through the Classic Pricing Option screen.
Pricing option activation dates are the dates when you would like the pricing option to activate for your clients. There are two different options you have when setting up your pricing option activation dates. There is a third option if changing through Classic Pricing Option screen.
- Enable Setting in General Setup & Option
- Option 1 - On the sale date
- Option 2 - On the date of the client's first visit after purchasing the pricing option
- Option 3 - Choose Date
- Go to Home > Manager Tools > Settings > General Setup & Options.
- Click on Client Management.
- Scroll down to Pricing Option Activation Dates - Enforce and check the box.
- Click Update.
This setting tells the system to set the default activation date of the pricing option to the date it’s sold through your Online Store or the Retail screen.
Note: Once the activation date is set, the "Duration" of the pricing option will trigger the expiration date based on the sale date.
This setting tells the system to set the default activation date of the pricing option to the date of the client’s first visit (for the service the pricing option is paying for).
Example: If client buys pricing option on May 1st, but it is not set to activate until May 5th, if the client comes in before May 5th, the system will react to have them pay for the service, since their pricing option actually doesn't begin until May 5th.
*If this setting is chosen, please note the following:
- Be careful: if the pricing option has more than one visit applied to it, and the first visit is later cancelled, the activation date will roll over to the next consecutive visit, which becomes the first visit by default.
- Once the activation date has been set (based on the client’s visit), the duration will trigger the expiration date from the date of that first visit. You will not be able to edit the activation date; however, you can edit the expiration date on the client’s Account Details screen
- If the pricing option is not used by the end of the set duration, it will roll over for a new duration period. This will continue to happen until the option is used for the first time (even if the first visit is later cancelled).
- The date of the sale will become the activation date by default if the pricing option is not used.
The date entered into this field will serve as the default activation date when the pricing option is sold through your Online Store or the Retail screen. When using this setting, it’s important to note:
- This date isn't permanent. If the pricing option is sold through the Retail screen, you or your staff can manually change the default "Fixed Activation Date" to something new.
- Be careful when pre-dating the date box at Retail, or you risk selling an expired pricing option.
- If a pricing option has been added to a contract, the “Pricing Option Activation Date” option to “Choose a date” will no longer be available and the following message will appear: "Cannot choose a specific date. Pricing option is in use in the following Contract(s)…” The system defaults the setting back to "On the sale date."
*Please note: Option 3 is only available through the Classic Pricing Option screen located on the Home tab and select Manger Tools from the sub-menu. Choose Pricing Options at the top right under Pricing.
- Pricing Options & Memberships
- Why can't I edit the activation date of a pricing option at the Retail POS
- How do I adjust a pricing option that activates on the date of client's first visit, to cover a visit before it's activation date?