Service categories cannot be deleted from the system. If a service category is no longer needed or associated with services (e.g., classes, appointments, media, resources, and memberships) or pricing (e.g., pricing options, contracts, and packages), then you can deactivate the service category.
- Since it cannot be deleted, the system keeps the service category in an "Inactive Section."
- Keep in mind, that it doesn't automatically delete any classes and pricing options that are already scheduled.
- It will keep you from scheduling new instances of those services.
- It is recommended that you do not change the name of service category. If you are offering a new type of service, it is best to create a new service category.
To deactivate a service category:
- Hit your Home tab and select Services & Pricing in the submenu.
- Find the service category you want to deactivate, and click on the gear to the right.
- Select Deactivate service category.
- Confirm by clicking the Deactivate Service Category button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this Services & Pricing screen; you will see the "View inactive service categories," section. You will see an "activate" button on the far right to re-activate again.
Note: If you no longer want to have a service type or pricing option show on your schedule and wish to deactivate them, please see articles listed in Additional Resources below.
- How can I deactivate a class so it is not shown on my website?
- Classes: Cancelling, deleting, or hiding classes.
- Classes: How do I remove a class from the class schedule?
- Can I delete a pricing option?
- Appointments: Can I deactivate an appointment type?