This report provides a simple way for you to analyze deferred revenue for both limited visits and unlimited visits. It functions much like the Outstanding Series report, except that it's not limited to limited visits. This report displays earned revenue based on the portion of total pricing options sold by your business that clients have used so far, and will show revenue earned during the date range you enter.
Please note that earned revenue includes only monies paid to your business, and not any sales tax paid by the client.
- Go to the Reports tab and choose Sales from the tabs on the left.
- To narrow the list, select Sale Analysis from the filters, and then click Earned Revenue to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Earned Revenue by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Earned between: Enter the start and end dates for the time range that you want the report to consider when it calculates revenue earned.
- Pricing options purchased at: You can have the report look at one location, or at all locations at once.
- Sort by: Choose to sort the report by Payment Date, Expiration Date, Client Name, or Earned Revenue Amount.
- Tagged clients only: Check this box to run the report for only the clients that have been tagged. Learn more about tagging.
- Service categories: You can run the report for a specific service category or for all at once.
- Summary: In summary view, this report will display subtotal, discount, and earned revenue for unlimited visit pricing options, membership pricing options, and expired pricing options, as well as a total column, all broken down by service category.
- Detail: In detail view, this report will display results for outstanding limited visit pricing options, outstanding unlimited visit pricing options, and outstanding membership pricing options, all broken down by client and specific pricing option. You can see many specific details about each pricing option on the report itself, and you can click the client's name to see their Account Details screen for more information.
- Generate: This magic button makes the report appear.
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Analysis Reports
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the box for the Analysis Reports permission.
- Click Update.
- Learn about report icons and date filters
- Learn more about how to use this report, along with the Payroll Report, to show you payroll as percentage of earned revenue, and more.