Our main Sales report provides great information about individual sales reps. If you have the Sales Team Management feature set up, a report titled Sales by Rep Report gives some great comparisons between all of your Sales Reps. The report comes with a summary and a detail view. Combined autopay sales will be displayed as a single sale with each transaction separated into its own line item.
Note: This report will only display if you've set up sales reps in your MINDBODY site. Click here to learn more about Sales Team Management features.
Hit the Reports tab and choose Sales from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select General Sales from the filters, and then click Sales by Rep to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Sales by Rep by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Define your data
- Analyze your data
- Permissions that control access to this report
- Track which rep's clients made purchases online
Define your data:
To manually change the report's start and end dates, you can type them in, or click one of the Quick Dates options.
You can narrow the report's results by modifying the following fields:
- Show tagged clients only: If you previously tagged a list of clients in the system, then checking this box will run the report for those clients only. Learn more about tagging.
- Sale location: You can use this multi-select list to filter by multiple business locations, or find sales from your online store. By default, the filter is set to "All locations."
- Products/Services: This will allow you to filter the report’s results to services only, products only, or all products and services. Choosing "All products & services" will show items such as gift cards and shipping/handling, which will not show up with the other options.
- Revenue Category: Choose a revenue category from the multi-select filter. Only those categories with sales during the selected date range will appear on the drop-down list. If no sales were made for the category, then the category will not be listed.
- Sales rep: You can filter this report for a specific rep, all sales with a rep assigned, or all sales without a rep assigned. Filtering the sales report by sales rep requires that you assign each rep their own login, and that they use it every time they make a sale.
- Autopays: You can control whether or not the report considers autopays. Choose Include Autopays, Exclude Autopays, or Autopays Only from the drop-down menu.
You can further narrow the report's results by modifying the following fields:
- View: By default, the report is generated in summary view.
- Summary view: The report results list tickets sold, subtotal, tax, and total payment tendered for items sold per rep. The sum totals for subtotal, tax, and total payment tendered (for all reported reps) are displayed at the bottom. For more details on the report’s results in summary view, read the “Analyzing Your Data” section.
- Detail view: In detail view, the report categorizes items under the name each Sales Rep. If an item did not have a Sales Rep assigned, then the item is in the “Unassigned” section. For more details on the report’s results in detail view, read the “Analyzing Your Data” section.
- Accounting Basis: This report can be generated in accrual basis, cash basis, or accrual and cash combined. The first time you run this report, it will default to accrual basis. If you change this, then the report will remember what basis you used last time, and choose this basis as its default.
- Select the "More" link to access the Accrual & cash combined filter. If you select it, then the report will display all sales, including purchases of account payment items that were made using a non-cash equivalent (e.g., trade) payment method.
- Show Returns: Check this box to include returned sales in the report's results.
- Go!: This will make the report magically appear, based on the filters that you set. If you click the Go! button and nothing happens, then your staff members have not completed any appointments between the start and end dates you set.
Print This Report: This will open your computer's print menu so that you can print the report.
- Export to Excel: This will generate a spreadsheet containing the report's data in Microsoft Excel. To learn about exporting reports to Excel, click here.
- Export to PDF: This will format the report’s results into a PDF file that can be saved to your computer. Printing directly from a PDF may solve formatting issues that arise when trying to print reports directly from an internet browser.
- Save This Report: Click here to learn about using the Save This Report feature.
- Tagging options: Tagging is your database's ability to remember all of the clients displayed on a screen. Learn more about tagging clients.
- Tag Add: Adds the list of clients displayed to the list of clients you have tagged in the past.
- Tag New: This deletes the old list of tagged clients (it doesn't actually delete the clients, just the list), then it adds everyone displayed to a new list of tagged clients. It's the closest thing we have to starting with a new list of tagged clients.
- Untag clients: This will remove any clients generated by the report from the tagged list.
- Constant Contact: You can use this feature to convert the report’s results into a new contact list in Constant Contact. Simply click the Constant Contact icon, give the contact list a unique name, and click the Export button. You can find this newly created list in your Constant Contact account.
Analyze your data:
The report will display results broken down by each staff member.
In detail view, each item is categorized under that sales rep that was assigned to the sale.
- ID: The Sale ID number associated with this particular item. By clicking on the Sale ID, you will be directed to the Manage Sales screen, which has detailed information about all the items included in this sale.
- Sale Date: The date of the sale.
- Client: The client associated with this particular transaction. By clicking on the name of the client, you will be directed to the client’s Home screen.
- Item Name: The name of the item sold.
- Category: The revenue category for the product or service.
- Item Price: The price of the item sold.
- Quantity: The quantity sold of that particular item
- Subtotal: The item’s subtotal before discounts and tax were applied.
- Discount Percentage: The percent discount that was applied to the item’s subtotal.
- Discount Amount: The discount amount, in dollars, that was applied to the item’s subtotal.
- Tax: The tax that was applied to the item’s subtotal.
- Total: The item’s total with any discounts and tax applied.
- Sales Rep: The name of the sales rep. If a sales rep was not assigned to items, then the items will have “Unassigned” as their Sales Rep.
- Tickets Sold: The number of tickets (individual Sale IDs) that were assigned to this Sales Rep for the given date range.
- Subtotal: The items’ subtotal before discounts and tax were applied.
- Tax: The amount of tax that was applied to the item(s).
- Total: The items’ total once discounts and tax were applied.
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Sales/Sales by Category/Sales by Services
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right, and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the box for the Sales/Sales by Category/Sales by Services permission.
- Click Update.
If you're using our Sales Team Management feature, then you can assign a Sales Rep to each client's Profile screen. The Sales by Rep report will show you how much each rep's clients spent online. Simply select Online Store from the drop-down Location menu. If your reps receive commissions for every sale—whether it's in Consumer Mode or Business Mode—then this extra statistic allows you to calculate the amount owed for online store sales. Or, you might just be curious about which reps bring in clients that spend the most inside your online store.