The Gift Cards report is designed to provide you with a history of the card's activity by generating a list of all your gift card sales and corresponding gift card numbers that have been purchased, redeemed, or used to purchase a service or product.
You may notice some numbers (the costs of the Gift Cards) on the Gift Cards report that have parentheses around them.
- Normally parentheses refer to negative numbers or a negative balance.
- However, the parentheses on the Gift Cards report for the prepaid gift cards refers to the amount that has been redeemed or used to purchase a service or product.
- It does not mean the client redeemed a negative amount.
The Gift Cards reports can be filtered by all assigned, unassigned, and prepaid gift cards.
- Unassigned Gift Cards: The gift card value is associated with the client's account, not the actual card ID. These have not been assigned to a client's account.
- Assignable Gift Card: The gift card value is associated with the client's account, not the actual card ID. These have been assigned to a client's account.
- Prepaid Gift Cards: The gift card value is associated with the card's ID, not the client's account. If the card is lost, the money is lost.
For further metrics on your sales, take a look at the Gift Card Analysis report.
Hit the Reports tab and choose Sales from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select General Sales from the filters, then click Gift Cards to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Gift Cards by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Location: You can filter by multiple business locations, or find sales from your online store. Choose a location from the drop-down list and click Generate. By default, the report is set to All Locations.
- Sort By: Sale Date , Purchaser Name, Recipient Name, or Gift Card Number (assigned or system generated).
- With Sale Date: (Range allows you to chose dates and All Dates will show all)
- Tagged Clients Only: If you tagged a list of clients in the system, checking Tagged Clients Only shows only sales of those clients who are on the tagged list.
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Sales/Sales by Category/Sales by Services
To grant or restrict access to this report, simply hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the boxes for the Sales/Sales by Category/Sales by Services & Gift Cards permissions.
- Click Update.
- Icons and date filters
- Gift Card Analysis Report
- Gift Cards and Account Payments
- What do the parentheses on the Gift Card report mean when looking at prepaid gift cards?