Sales Forecast Report

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Follow

SUMMARY

If you're using our customer relationship management (CRM) features to their fullest, the Sales Forecast report can show every client marked as a prospect (someone who hasn't paid for services yet).

It also shows:

  • the possible close date of the sale
  • how much money you plan on collecting once the client buys
  • the forecast value of this client.

 
You can use this report for guesstimating your future sales. Also, it bunches your prospects onto one screen, so that you can go through the list of people that you should be calling to sell them on your services.


CONTENTS

 

Report's location

Hit the Reports tab and choose Sales from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Sale Analysis from the filters, and then click Sales Forecast to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Sales Forecast by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites

Sales_SalesAnalysis.png

Back to top

 


How to track prospects

Step 1: Enable the Prospect feature for individuals

If you don't enable the prospect feature for individuals, only businesses can be considered prospects.

1. Log in as the owner (or as someone with permission to the General Setup & Options screen).
2. Hit the Home tab and select Manager Tools from the submenu. Choose Settings at the top right and click on General Setup & Options under General Settings.

GSO_in_Settings.png

3. Expand the Client Management section and click the checkbox to enable the Allow Individuals to be Prospects option.
4. Click Update.

 

Step 2: Mark people as prospects
In order for this report to work, you need to start tracking prospects. This means that you save people into the system that aren't actually clients, but who you think could be some day.

Once you save a prospective client to the system:

  1. Go to the client's Profile screen.
  2. Expand the Edit name section.
  3. Check the Prospect box.
  4. Click the Save button in the top right.

 
Step 3. Enter Prospect information
Once you've marked the client as a prospect, a new Prospect information section will appear on their Profile screen. There, you'll enter all of the prospect information about this client.

  • % (Closure probability): Basically, you're predicting how likely the odds are that this prospect will buy your services (making them a client). If you type in "80," then you're giving your prospect 80% odds that they will actually do business with you. You're assuming there's a 20% chance that they won't become a paying client. Like you would with any other customer relationship managing software, you're going with your gut instinct when you fill this in.
  • Expected close date: This is your guess about when the prospect will close, meaning when they will eventually buy your services.
  • Expected close amount: This is the amount you think the prospect will pay you when they do finally pay for your services.
  • First contact date: This is the date that you first made contact with the client via email, over the phone, or in person.

Back to top

 

Report's filters

  • Start Date: This report searches through a range of dates. The start date is the beginning of the date range that you're about to search. The report is looking for the expected close dates that you typed into the Expected close date field in each prospect's Profile screen. If a prospect's expected close date falls outside of this range, then he or she won't appear on the report.
  • End Date: This report searches through a range of dates. The end date is the end of the date range that you're about to search. The report is looking for the expected close dates that you typed into the Expected close date of each prospect's Profile screen. If a prospect's expected close date falls outside of this range, then he or she won't appear on the report.
  • Client Types: If you're using our Client Types feature, than you've learned that you can create your own categories for clients and prospects.
  • Close Probability >: You can search for only prospects that are above a certain close probability. You enter close probabilities in each prospect's Profile screen. This filter allows you to weed out prospects that are less likely to close than others.
  • Sales rep: If you have checked the Sales Rep box in your staff member's profile (under the Sales Settings section), then they will show up in the drop-down list. You can search for only the prospects assigned to a certain sales rep. You can select a prospect's sales rep on his or her Profile screen, in the Sales Rep section.
  • Generate: This magic button makes the report appear.
    • If nothing happens when you click Generate, then you might not have any clients marked as prospects. If you do have clients marked as prospects, you should change the start and end dates for the report to find those prospects' expected close dates.
  • Tagged clients only: Check this box to run the report only for clients that have been tagged. Learn about tagging.

Back to top

 

Report's results

  • Company Name: This is the name of the individual client or company that is considered a prospect.
  • Exp Close Date: This is the date that you guessed the client would actually pay for one of your services. You set this up in each prospect's Profile screen.
  • Probability: This is the closure probability percentage that you entered into the client's Profile screen.
  • Value: This is the amount of money you guessed that your prospect would spend for their first payment once they became a paying client. You set this up in each prospect's Profile screen.
  • Forecasted Value: This is the theoretical value of the prospect. We take the closure probability (i.e., the odds that this person will actually become a paying client), and multiply it by the expected close amount. You entered both of these values in the prospect's Profile screen.

 

Back to top

 

Permissions that control access to this report

To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:

  • Sales forecast report

To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.

Staff_Permissions_in_Tools.png

  1. Select a permission group from the drop-down menu.
  2. Click on Sales Team Management.
  3. Check or uncheck the box for the "Sales forecast report" permission.
  4. Click Update.

Back to top

 


ADDITIONAL RESOURCES

 










0 Comments
Powered by Zendesk