Go to the Reports tab and choose Sales from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Post-sale from the filters, and then click Returns to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Returns by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Start Date: This report is run for a range of dates. The report considers returns made within a period of time. This is the beginning of that range.
- End Date: This is the end of that range.
- Location: Run the report for a specific location, or for all locations at once.
- Tagged Clients Only: To learn about tagging, click here.
The report will generate the following results, by month:
- Return date
- Client name: Links to your client's Purchases screen
- Return Amount
- Payment Method
- Reason for return: Entered at the time of the return
- Defective?: This column indicates whether or not the item was marked as defective at the time that the return was made. "True" means that it was marked as defective, while "False" means that it was not.
Note: A return will show up on the day of the return, not on the day of the original purchase.
To view and run this report, both of the following permissions must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Marketing Reports
- Sales/Sales by Category/Sales by Services
To grant or restrict access to this report, simply hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the "Marketing Reports" and "Sales/Sales by Category/Sales by Services" permissions.
- Click Update.