The Inventory Age report identifies your slowest moving inventory by focusing on when products were last logged, giving you insight into decisions about which products you should stock more of, remove, or keep at the same inventory level.
Hit the Reports tab and choose Inventory from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Management from the filters, and then click Inventory Age to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Inventory Age by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Inventory Logged Between: This report will find inventory logged between a date range that you set here, and then tell you how long it has been since inventory has been logged (i.e., added or adjusted within the system). Enter the start and end dates for this range into these fields to indicate the date range you want to view results for.
- Location: You can filter by multiple business locations, or find sales from your online store. Choose a location from the dropdown list and click Generate. By default, the report is set to All Locations.
- Supplier: Choose to filter the report by supplier, or select All Suppliers.
- Category: Choose to filter the report by product category, or select All Categories.
- Sort By: Choose to sort by Age, Product Name, or Item Number.
- Generate: This button makes the report magically appear on the page.
- Item #: The product's ID
- Product Name: Name of the product
- Location: If you have multiple locations, this column will appear to show you where inventory has been logged
- Date: Last date that the inventory log for this product was updated
- On hand at this date: Number of items logged, subtracted by the number sold
- Cost at this Age: How much your business purchased the product for at the time that the inventory was last logged
- Extended Cost: Number on hand multiplied by the cost at this age
- Age: The number of days since inventory for this item was last logged
- Extended Age: Number of days since this inventory was last logged multiplied by the current number on hand
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Inventory Reports
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the box for the Inventory Reports permission.
- Click Update.
Click here to learn about report icons and date filters.