- product details
- the quantity of the change made
- the asset value of each change
- make change log entries with notes
Use this report to help manage products, as well as keep a record of which employees make changes to your business's inventory.
- Report's Location
- Report's filters
- Report's results defined
- Making change log entries with notes
- Permissions that control access to this report
Hit the Reports tab and choose Inventory from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Management from the filters, and then click Inventory Change Log to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Inventory Change Log by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Location: You can run the report for one location or for all locations at once. Choose a location from the dropdown list and click Generate. By default, the report is set to All Locations.
- Supplier: You may restrict the report's results to a specific supplier by choosing their name from the dropdown menu, or select All Suppliers.
- Category: You can run the report for a specific product category, or for all product categories at once. By default, the report is set to All Categories.
- Sort By: Choose from the dropdown menu to have the report's results displayed by Product Name or by Entry Date.
- Start and End Date: The report will consider inventory changes within a range of dates. Set the range in these fields.
- Barcode: The product's assigned barcode ID.
- Product Name: Name of the product, links to the Manage Products screen.
- Entry Date: Date on which the inventory change was made.
- Location: If you have multiple locations, this column will list the location where the inventory log was changed.
- Supplier: Name of the supplier of the product.
- Color: Color of the product associated with the change, if applicable.
- Size: Size of the product associated with the change, if applicable.
- Quantity: This figure represents the difference in the product's inventory count, resulting from the change made.
- Our Cost: This value, in dollars, represents the change quantity multiplied by the value of the product. This measure quantifies the change made to your inventory.
- Employee: Name of the employee responsible for the change made to your inventory (employees must use individual logins).
- Notes: This column displays the type of inventory change made.
If you need to add notes while making changes to the inventory, follow these instructions:
- Click on the Home tab > Products > Choose specific product >
- No you are on an Edit a Product page > scroll down to Inventory > click on Log Inventory under the "Number in Stock."
- As you make your changes here, you can add notes in the Notes section > click Update Inventory to save.
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Inventory Reports
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the box for the Inventory Reports permission.
- Click Update.