The Cost of Goods Sold report calculates the profits associated with your business's sales. The report generates this figure based upon unit costs and sales prices. Use the Cost of Goods Sold report to analyze what type of sales are driving the most profit for your business.
Hit the Reports tab and choose Inventory from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Sales from the filters then click Cost of Goods Sold to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Cost of Goods Sold by name, and if it’s a report you use often then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Start Date: You run the report for a range of days. This is the beginning of the range.
- End Date: This is the end of the range.
- Location: Run the report for a specific location or for all locations at once.
- Supplier: Run the report for a specific supplier or for all suppliers at once.
- Category: Choose a category from the dropdown menu, or select All Categories.
- Sort By: Sort the report's results by category or by supplier.
The report's results are represented by category. The following are provided for each category:
- Product Name (linked to the Manage Products Screen)
- Barcode ID
- Unit Price
- Unit Cost
- Number sold
- Total Cost
- Total Profit
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Sales/Sales by Category/Sales by Services
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the box for the "Sales/Sales by Category/Sales by Services" permission.
- Click Update.
Click here to learn about report icons.