With this report you can:
- You can even use it with the Payroll report to double check which teachers have been paid for which attendees.
- Troubleshoot your Payroll reports. If you think a staff member should be paid more than what's showing on the Teacher Payroll report, you can run this report for the same period and see if a certain pricing option is not set up to pay the staff.
- Report's location
- How to generate the report
- Understanding the results
- Permissions that control access to this report
- Go to the Reports tab and choose Clients from the tabs on the left.
- To narrow the list, select Visits & Retention from the filters, and then click Attendance – No Revenue to open the report.
Note: You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Attendance – No Revenue by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
Note: Click the Include Revenue link at the top of the page to access the Attendance With Revenue report.
To select a date range, type the dates in, OR click on one of the Quick Dates to choose from calendar months, to-date, and rolling averages.
- Show tagged clients only: If you tagged a list of clients in the system, then checking Tagged Clients Only shows attendance for only those clients who are on the tagged list. Click here to learn more about tagging.
- Exclude unlimited sessions:
- Exclude no-shows and late cancels: Check this box to exclude clients who were scheduled into a class or appointment; then later the client was recorded as a no-show, or the visit was late cancelled.
- Visit location and Sale location: If you have multiple locations, these two menus help you drill down into attendance and sales generated by location. You can see how often clients purchase at one location and attend services at another, or track sales and attendance for only one location. Choose a specific location, or “All locations” for either menu. Note: The “Visit location” filter defaults to your main location, while the “Sale location” filter defaults to “All locations.”
- Staff member: Choose “All staff members” to see the attendance information for all staff, or choose just one staff member. If a staff member hasn't completed any classes, enrollments, or appointments during the date range you set for the report, then their name won't appear in the drop-down menu.
- Start Time: Run this report for services beginning at a specific time of day.
- Day of week: The report will consider each day of the week that is checked here. All days are selected by default, but you can uncheck any that you don’t want to see in the report results.
- Visit service category: Choose to run the report for all visit service categories, or a specific visit service category.
- Payment service category: Choose to run the report for all payment service categories, or a specific payment service category. A payment service category is the service category associated with the payment applied to the service that your client attended.
- Payment method: Narrow the report's results to display attendance by the payment method used.
- Cross regional visit: If you have multiple locations, a "Yes" or "No" will appear to indicate that it's a cross-regional visit.
You can further narrow the report's results by modifying the following fields:
- View: By default, the report is generated by Service Category. You can filter your report's results by summary, staff member, date, visit type, client, no-shows/late cancels, roll sheet; or, service category.
- Filtering by "Client" will show all the visits your client took in the selected period of time.
- The "No-shows/late cancels" filter will show you a listing by client for an overview who is coming in late, or is not showing up to your classes.
- Click here for more help on understanding your report's results.
- Click GO!
This will generate the report based on the filters that you set. Note: If you click Go! and nothing happens, then you don't have registration activity for any services between the date range selected.
After the report has been generated with the information required, additional options are available under the fourth filter, Generate, to keep records of the information or save the information and continue to use the data in other reports by means of "tagging."
Print, export, and save
- Print This Report: This will open your computer's print menu so that you can print the report.
- Export to Excel: This will generate a spreadsheet containing the report's data in Microsoft Excel. To learn about exporting reports to Excel, click here.
- Export to PDF: This will format the report’s results into a PDF file that can be saved to your computer. Printing directly from a PDF may solve formatting issues that arise when trying to print reports directly from an internet browser.
- Save This Report: Click here to learn about using the Save This Report feature.
Tag and use data for other reports
- Tag Add: Adds the list of clients displayed to the list of clients you have tagged in the past. Click here to learn about tagging clients.
- Tag New: This deletes the old list of tagged clients (it doesn't actually delete the clients, just the list), then it adds everyone displayed to a new list of tagged clients. It's the closest thing we have to starting with a new list of tagged clients. Click here to learn about tagging clients.
- Untag clients: This will remove any clients generated by the report from the tagged list. Click here to learn about tagging clients.
- Constant Contact: You can use this feature to convert the report’s results into a new contact list in Constant Contact. Simply click the Constant Contact icon, give the contact list a unique name, and click Export. You can find this newly created list in your Constant Contact account.
Once this report has been generated, you can modify the columns to sort the data by changing the "View" settings under the Options filter. Note: The image above represents the report's results in "Client" view.
The results will include the following information in all views:
- Client: The name of the client associated with the visit.
- Day, Date, and Time: Day of the week, the date, and time in which the service was scheduled.
- Visit Service Category: The service category associated with each visit.
- Visit Type: The type of visit the client was scheduled for.
- Pricing Option: The pricing option used to pay for the visit.
- Expiration Date: The expiration date of the pricing option used to pay for the visit.
- Visits Remaining: The total visits remaining or owed on a client's account associated with the pricing option.
- Visit Location: If you have multiple locations, this column will show you the location of the scheduled visit.
- Staff: The name of the staff member scheduled to perform the service.
- Staff Paid: A "Yes" or "No" will appear to indicate whether the staff member was paid for the service.
- Late Cancel: A "Yes" or "No" will appear to indicate if the visit was late cancelled. In summary view, you will see the number of times the client cancelled in the selected date range.
- No-show: A "Yes" or "No" will appear to indicate if the client was a no-show. In summary view, you will see the number of times the client was a "No-show" in the selected date range.
- Booking Method: Displays how the visit was scheduled (i.e., Business Mode, Consumer Mode, MINDBODY® app, Engage™).
"Summary" view will include the additional columns:
- Type: The type of service the client is scheduled for.
- Paid Clients: The number of clients who paid for the service in the selected date range.
- Comp Clients: The number of clients who attended that the teacher was not paid for. Learn more.
- Online Bookings: The number of clients who signed up online.
- Members: The number of clients who have a membership that paid for the visit.
"Roll sheet" will include the additional columns:
- Class Name: The name of the class during the scheduled time in the selected date range.
- Room: The room the class is being held in during the scheduled time.
- Staff: The name of the staff member scheduled to perform the service.
- Assistant: A space will be available to manually enter the assistant's name, if any.
- Enrolled: A space will be available to manually enter the maximum number of clients you want to allow into the class.
- Paid: The number of clients the teacher was paid for.
- Comps: The number of clients the teacher was not paid for. Learn more.
- Head Count: A space will be available to manually enter the actual number of clients who attended the class.
- Don't confuse "Comp" in this report with visits that have been comped (i.e., given for free) at the retail point of sale. The "Comp" results actually represents is the number of visits that the staff member was not paid for. This happens when the pricing option that was used to pay for the visit is set up to not pay the staff member. To change this setting for an existing pricing option:
- Go to Home tab and choose Manager Tools in the submenu.
- Choose the Pricing Options link under Pricing, and click on the pricing option name you need to edit.
- Click on Advanced Settings link to expand the section.
- Scroll and find the option that asks, Does the staff member get paid when a client uses this pricing option?
- Choose Yes to pay the staff member, or No if you do not want this pricing option to contribute to the staff member’s pay.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save.
To view and run this report, the following permissions must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Schedule at a Glance/Attendance (Everyone's Schedule), or Schedule at a Glance/Attendance (Own Schedule ONLY)
To grant or restrict access to this report, just go to the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the boxes for the applicable permissions.
- Click Update.