Your clients can submit ratings and reviews for classes and appointments they book through the MINDBODY® app. A few minutes after a service they’ve signed in to ends, clients will be asked for their feedback. They’ll rate their experience from one to five hearts, and have the option to give a written review.
This data gives you a customer’s view into your business, so you can find out what’s working well and what you and your staff can make even better. You can view a snapshot of these ratings in the schedule widget, or get the full scoop by viewing the Ratings & Reviews report.
MINDBODY also offers a full mobile app support center to assist your clients in managing their MINDBODY app accounts. They can learn how to leave reviews and manage the app directly from their phones, or by following these links:
- Clients will only be asked to leave reviews for appointments that have been completed and checked out.
- If a client is asked to review a class they didn't attend, make sure they are late or early cancelled and not signed in.
- MINDBODY app ratings and reviews
- Using the report filters
- Responding to reviews
- Staff permissions
When you list your business on MINDBODY app, your clients will be able to rate and review the classes, appointments, and single-day enrollments that you offer. As your services populate on your Dashboard’s Schedule widget, the number of ratings and heart average will appear to the right of the service.
To find ratings and reviews on the schedule widget
- Go to the Home tab.
- Select Dashboard in the submenu.
- Click Schedule on the left side of the screen.
You’ll see the average rating and the total number of reviews received for each class on the schedule. These reviews and ratings are specific to each staff member, so you can compare staff performance for every class you offer. Please note that the schedule widget only shows ratings and reviews left over the last six months.
Simply click the hearts to generate a Ratings & Reviews report specific to that service and staff member. If needed, you can view reviews for a greater or more narrow range of time.
To Find the full Ratings and Reviews report
Go to the Reports tab, click the Clients tab on the left, and then select the Ratings & Reviews report.
- When you access the report from the Reports page, the date range defaults to one month. When accessed from the Schedule widget, it default to six months.
- To generate the report for a different time period, you can enter new start and end dates manually, select new dates by clicking the calendar icons, or use the Quick Dates menu to select a specific period of time.
- Use the checkboxes at the top of the Filters section to generate the report for tagged clients only, or—if you’re using Detail view—to show only ratings that include written reviews. Please note that if you generate the report to include only ratings with written reviews, the ratings without reviews will be taken out of all calculations.
- You can filter the report further by using the dropdown menus at the bottom of the filter section. In the Date filter, choose “Date of service” if you want to see ratings for classes that took place during the date range you picked; this is the default setting. Choose “Date the rating was submitted” to see reviews that were submitted during the selected date range. The filters below allow you to see results by location, by service category, by staff member, or—in Detail view—by specific ratings (e.g., 1 heart and 5 heart reviews).
- Summary view
If you want to see the reviews and ratings separated by staff member, select Summary view and tick the button to group by Staff member. Below each staff member’s name, you’ll see ratings for each class and appointment he or she offers. This can help you get an idea of each staff member’s overall performance. Select Summary view and tick the button to group by Service to see the ratings and reviews organized by each class and appointment offered. This way, you can compare the performance of different staff members who all teach the same class or perform the same appointment.
No matter which grouping you pick, you’ll see the number of one-, two-, three-, four-, and five-heart ratings the staff member has received for each service, as well as an average of those ratings. The bars to the right of each rating give you a visual representation of the average ratings.
- Detail view
When you choose Detail view, ratings and reviews are always grouped by service name. All reviews that fit within the date range and filters you’ve selected will show up in a table beneath each class and appointment. You’ll be able to see:
- The date of the service or the date the review was submitted (depending on your filter choice).
- The name of the staff member who taught the class or performed the appointment.
- The name of the client who submitted the review.
- The rating the client gave.
- The text of the written review (if available).
- A gear icon that allows you to manage responses to your clients.
Generate the report in detail view if you’d like to address a specific review. Click the gear to the right of the review to open the action menu. It gives you the ability to email the client who left the review, respond to the review publicly, or flag it for removal.
- Click Email client in the Ratings and Reviews report menu.
- An email form will pop up. The client’s email, as entered in their client profile, and your staff email will be filled in automatically.
- Enter a subject line and body text.
- Format the email using the tools at the top of the text box, if you wish.
- When you’re ready, click Send Email.
- Click Respond publicly in the Ratings and Reviews report menu.
- A response form will pop up. You’ll be able to see the client’s name, as well as the text of the review.
- Enter your response in the text field below.
- Click Post to make your response visible to everyone in the MINDBODY app.
- If you decide to retract or edit your response once it’s posted, click the gear menu, and choose Retract/Edit public response.
- Review your response, then edit it and click the Save & Post button, or remove it by clicking the Retract Response button.
To flag a review for removal from MINDBODY app:
- Click Flag for Removal in the menu.
- Click Flag for removal at the bottom of the form to submit your request. Check the gear menu to make sure your request was submitted successfully.
- MINDBODY will respond with a decision within seven business days.
To find the staff permissions that relate to MINDBODY app ratings and reviews, go to the Home tab > Manager Tools > Staff Permissions under Staff.
- Choose the group whose permissions you want to change, and expand the MINDBODY app Ratings & Reviews section.
- Check the box next to the permissions that you want to grant this group of staff members:
View his or her own ratings & reviews
- With this permission, staff members can see ratings and reviews that pertain to them and the services they offer. This includes seeing MINDBODY app ratings and reviews on the schedule widget and in the MINDBODY app Ratings & Reviews report.
- Without this permission, staff members cannot view any MINDBODY app ratings or reviews.
View everyone's ratings & reviews
- With this permission and the permission to “View Own MINDBODY app Ratings & Reviews,” staff members can see ratings and reviews for all staff members and all services. This includes seeing MINDBODY app ratings and reviews on the schedule widget and in the MINDBODY app Ratings & Reviews report.
- Without this permission, staff members cannot view anyone else’s MINDBODY app ratings or reviews.
View client names on the report
- With this permission, staff members can see client names on the MINDBODY app Ratings & Reviews report. This allows staff members who have permission to tag clients in general to tag clients on this report.
- Without this permission, client data will be hidden on the report.
Ability to email clients directly from the report
- With this permission, staff members can email clients directly from the report in response to their reviews.
- Without this permission, staff members will not see the option to email the client in the gear menu.
Note: The user group must have the “View client names on the report” permission in order for this permission to appear.
Respond Publicly to Reviews
- With this permission, staff members can click the Respond Publicly link in the gear menu to post a response to a review in MINDBODY app.
- Without this permission, staff members will not see the option to respond publicly in the gear menu.
Ability to flag a review for removal
- With this permission, staff members can flag reviews for removal in the gear menu.
- Without this permission, staff members cannot flag reviews for removal.
When you have enabled the permissions you want to give this group, click Update to save your changes.