This report is designed to help you measure your success at turning gift card recipients into customers of your business. You can also use the Gift Card Analysis report to analyze gift card redemption and discover how much credit remains outstanding. If you accept Spafinder Wellness 365 cards, then you'll find this report especially helpful; it can provide metrics on the volume of sales generated through the Spafinder program, and give you an idea of how much money Spafinder owes your business.
- Report's location
- Define your data
- Analyze your data
- Go to the Reports tab and choose Sales from the tabs on the left.
- To narrow the list, select Sale Analysis from the filters, then click Gift Card Analysis to open the report.
- You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Gift Card Analysis by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
Define your data
To manually change the report's start and end dates, you can type them in, or click on Quick Dates to choose from Calendar Months, To Date, and Rolling Averages.
You can narrow the report's results by modifying the following fields:
- Show Tagged Clients Only: If you have previously tagged a list of clients in the system, then checking this box will display results only for those clients. Click here to learn more about tagging.
- Redemption location: If your business has more than one location, then you can use this filter to choose one, some, or all of them to include in the report's results.
- Gift card name: You can use this filter to include one, some, or all of the gift cards available at your business in the report's results.
- Client: Use this menu to filter for new clients only, returning clients only, or both. "New clients" are considered as those who made their first purchase at your business with a gift card or account payment (to account for assignable gift card purchases), while "returning clients" encompasses everyone else.
You can further narrow the report's results by modifying the following fields:
- View: Choose to view the report in Summary or Detail view. For more information about Summary and Detail View, read the “Analyzing Your Data” section, below.
- Go!: This will make the report magically appear, based on the filters that you set. If you click Generate and nothing happens, then your staff members have not completed any appointments between the dates set in the Start Date and End Date filters.
- Export to Excel: This will generate a spreadsheet containing the report's data in Microsoft Excel. To learn about exporting reports to Excel, click here.
- Export to PDF: This will format the report’s results into a PDF file that can be saved to your computer. Printing directly from a PDF may solve formatting issues that arise when trying to print reports directly from an internet browser.
- Save this Report: Click here to learn about using the Save this Report feature.
- Tag Add: Adds the list of clients displayed to the list of clients you have tagged in the past. Click here to learn about tagging clients.
- Tag New: This deletes the old list of tagged clients (it doesn't actually delete the clients, just the list), then it adds everyone displayed to a new list of tagged clients. It's the closest thing we have to starting with a new list of tagged clients. Click here to learn about tagging clients.
- Untage clients: This will remove any clients generated by the report from the tagged list. Click here to learn about tagging clients.
- Constant Contact: You can use this feature to convert the report’s results into a new contact list in Constant Contact. Simply click Constant Contact, give the contact list a unique name, and click Export. You can find this newly created list in your Constant Contact account.
Analyze your data
The report will return the following data for all gift cards that meet the filter criteria and that were redeemed within the chosen date range. Results will be grouped by gift card type. Click any heading to sort the results for each gift card type.
- Date of Redemption: The date that the gift card is used to make a purchase.
- Client: The name of the client who redeemed the gift card. Click on the client's name to visit his or her client profile.
- Gift Card ID: The unique ID associated with the gift card that was redeemed. You can use this ID to cross reference with other reports or with entries in customer account details.
- Credit Redeemed: This is the total gift card credit that has been redeemed.
- New Client: A "yes" or "no" will display to indicate if the client who redeemed the gift card is new to your business.
- New Client Visits: The number of visits made by new clients. This count begins once the entire gift card balance associated with the client's first visit has been redeemed. Also note that this number accounts for unpaid classes, but not for unpaid appointments.
The report will return the following data for all gift cards that meet the filter criteria and that were redeemed within the chosen date range. Results for all gift cards will be grouped together.
- Total Clients: The total number of clients that have redeemed gift cards during this time period.
- New Clients: The total number of new clients that have redeemed gift cards during this time period.
- New Clients Retained: The total number of new clients who made their first purchase via gift card or account payment, but who have made other purchases since.
- % Retained: The percentage of your new clients you have retained as returning clients.
- Earned From New Client: The total earnings from all sales made by clients whose first purchase was made using a gift card. This sum includes gift card purchases and account payments.
- Credit Redeemed: The total gift card credit that has been redeemed.
- Unused Credit: The total of outstanding (partially used) gift card balances available for use. (Note: This may reflect a different number than the Gift Card Report because the Gift Card Report gives a running total of gift cards sold, while unused credit on the Gift Card Analysis Report looks at gift cards that have been used at least once to pay for a service or product.)
- Amount Received: The total revenue collected from gift card sales, minus discounts and fees.
- Gift Card ROI: The Return on Investment is equal to: Unused credit plus earnings from new clients, minus the credit redeemed less the amount received. (ROI = Unused credit + earnings from new clients − (credit redeemed − amount received.) )
- Gift cards and Account Payments
- What do the parentheses on the Gift Card report mean when looking at prepaid gift cards?