The First Visit report displays the first time each of your clients have taken a service at your location. This will help you understand which of your services are attracting new clients. This report features seven filters (similar to the Last Visit Report) to help you pinpoint your clients' first visits.
Note: A first visit is considered any session, occurring either today or in the past, that has been completed. Future sessions, or those that were not completed, will not be counted.
- Report's location
- Understanding the report's filters
- Understanding the report's results
- Permissions that control access to this report
- Go to the Reports tab and choose Clients from the tabs on the left.
- To narrow the list, select Visits & Retention from the filters, and then click First Visit to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for First Visit by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- First Visit Between
- Start Date: This report analyzes a range of dates. This is the starting date for the range of dates.
- End Date: This is the ending date for the range of dates.
- Program (Service Categories): Choose one or more service categories from the multi select filter. By default the filter is set to All Service Categories.
- Location: You can choose to run the report for a specific location or for all locations at once. By default, the report is set to All Locations.
- Sort By: The report's results can be sorted by listing your highest traffic clients at the top (# Visits) or alphabetically by client or trainer name.
- Include Inactive Clients - Check this box to have the report display clients that you've made inactive, i.e., removed from the system.
- Only Show Clients With No Visits After the First Visit: Check this box to have the report only display clients that only made one visit to your business.
- Tagged Clients Only: Click here to learn about tagging.
Once you have configured the filter settings appropriately and generated the report, the following will be displayed:
- Client name (click the name to go to the client's Visits screen)
- Date of first visit
- Description of first visit, includes Service Category and Appointment Type
- Staff member
- Number of visits since the first visit
- Client phone number
- Client email address
Things to know
- If you generate the report for “ALL Service Categories”, your results will show the actual date of each client's first visit, meaning the first time the client came to the business between the date ranges you’ve selected.
- If you generate the report for a specific Service Category, the report will look for the first time a client used a service under that particular category.
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Marketing Reports
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select permission group from the dropdown menu
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the Marketing Reports permission.
- Click Update.
- Click here to learn about report icons and date filters.
- Learn more about how to use this report to help calculate the percentage of clients who haven't come back since their first visit, find the total number of clients, and total number of returning clients each month.