Use the Referral Sources report to track how you have marketed your business's services best. If you assign referral types to prospects and new clients, then this report can help you analyze just how effective your marketing efforts are in acquiring new clients. Run a summary of the report to display data across all referral types, or zero in on a specific types to view more detailed information. Once you've generated the report, percentage bars will display beside each figure to display the results graphically.
- Go to the Reports tab and choose Clients from the tabs on the left.
- To narrow the list, select Marketing from the filters, and then click Referral Sources to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Referral Sources by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Start and End Date: This report considers referrals having occurred within a range of days. Here you can adjust the beginning and ending of the date range.
- Use Close Date instead of Creation Date: Check this box to have clients' profile close dates considered, as opposed to clients' profile creation dates.
- Referral Type: Choose which referral types to include in the report's results. By default, the report is run for All Referrers - Summary, which will return a summary of results for all types. More detailed results will display if the report is run for a specific referral type. Learn more about referral types and referral subtypes.
- Location: You can run the report for one specific location, or for all location at once.
- Tagged Clients Only: If you tagged a list of clients in the system, then checking Tagged Clients Only shows only sales for those clients who are on the tagged list. Learn more about tagging.
In All Referrers - Summary View, the generated report will display the following, sorted by referral type:
- Total number of clients referred for each subtype under each referral type, within the set date range
- Progress bar indicating the percentage of total referrals generated by the specific subtype and referral type
At the bottom of the report, a total will display for the number of clients referred within the set date range.
If you choose a specific referral type, you'll get more detailed results, including:
- Client: links to referred client's profile
- Barcode: unique Client ID assigned to referred client
- Entry Date: date on which referred client was entered into your MINDBODY site (i.e., the client profile's creation date)
At the bottom of the report, a total will display for the number of clients referred by all subtypes under the specific referral type.
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Marketing Reports
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the Marketing Reports permission.
- Click Update.
- Click here to learn about report icons and date filters.
- Learn more about referral types and referral subtypes.
- Learn about tagging clients.
- Learn more about this report to help you to analyze referral sources when implementing new marketing campaigns, and more.