This isn't a sales report, but you can use the Account Balances report to generate a list of positive and negative balances in order to determine your earned revenue. This report considers each balance's original statement date. Once you run the report, balances are categorized in the following date columns as a function of their statement dates: 0–29 Days Ago, 30–59 Days Ago, 60–89 Days Ago, 90+ Days Ago.
- Report's Location
- Filters explained
- Mass reconciling negative client balances
- Permissions that control access to this report
Select the Reports tab and choose Clients from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Client Accounts from the filters and then click Account Balances to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Account Balances by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Sort By: Choose from Account Balance, or Client Name.
- Show: Choose from All Balances, Negative Balances Only, Positive Balances Only, or Zero Balances Only.
Show Zero Balances will show you clients who currently have a zero balance after having a negative or positive balance on their account in the past.
- Location: You can run the report for one location, or for all locations at once. Choose a location from the dropdown list and click Generate. By default, the report is set to All Locations.
- Sale Location: Use this filter to define the report's results by the location where the account activity took place. Please note: The Sale Location dropdown appears only if “Apply Client Account Payments by Location” is enabled under the Client Management section of General Setup & Options screen.
- 3rd Party Payers Only: If you're using our Third Party Payers feature, then you can run this report for only third party payers by checking this box.
- Show Event/Enrollment Balances Only: If you use payment plans for your enrollments, you can check this box and run the report to show only enrollment (event) balances.
- Show Clients Owing More Than $: Set a threshold for how much money clients must owe in order to be displayed in the report's results.
- Billing Information: Use this dropdown menu to run the report for All Clients (this includes active or inactive clients who have an account balance of a positive or negative amount), for only Clients with Billing Information, or for only Clients without Billing Information.
- Tagged Clients Only: If you tagged a list of clients in the system, checking Tagged Clients Only shows only sales of those clients who are on the tagged list.
- Schedule Autopays: With a few swift clicks, you can create an autopay for every client that owes you money. The autopay is scheduled that night. And, it automatically sets the autopay amount to bring every client's negative account balance up to $0. This feature is faster, more accurate, and more effective then printing and mailing invoices. Plus, if you diligently save your clients' credit card numbers, it's one of the coolest ways to collect money—ever. Read more about this feature below.
On the far right there is a Print All button: When clicked, all the statements will preview for you. Then you can click on either the XLS button (to send to spread sheet in excel) or the printer icon, next to Generate button to actually print out.
RUNNING THE REPORT & CREATING BILLING STATEMENTS
From here you can generate statements, reconcile unpaid visits, or simply obtain the total amount of balances and apply it to your earned revenue calculation. Client email addresses and phone numbers are provided as well.
To generate a statement:
- Set your filters to show the data you require.
- Click Generate.
- Click the Create Statement link.
- Click the printer icon to the right of the "Generate" button to print the statement.
- If you want to print a statement that doesn't include the report filters at the top of the screen, check the box next to Make Printer Friendly, and click Generate. Then, select File>Print in your browser.
With a few swift clicks, you can create an autopay for every client that owes you money. The autopay is scheduled that night, and it automatically sets the autopay amount to bring every client's negative account balance up to $0. You can even set what date the autopays are scheduled to offset when you charge the clients' credit cards using the report. This feature is faster, more accurate, and more effective then printing and mailing invoices. And, if you diligently save your clients' credit card numbers, it's one of the coolest ways to collect money—ever.
Prerequisites for this feature
- You must use MINDBODY's integrated credit card processing to process credit cards or ACH.
- You must have the "Bulk Schedule Autopays from Account Balances Report" staff permission.
- For clients with negative account balances to be set up for autopays, the client must have a valid credit card saved in his or her Billing Info section
How it works
The report will list every client with a:
- Negative balance
- Valid credit card on file
If you want to charge the credit card or ACH account of every client with a negative account balance, here's what you do.
- Reports>Clients>Account Balances.
- Click on the Schedule Autopays button (if you don't see it, then you don't have an integrated MINDBODY payment processing account).
- Check boxes to the left of every client that you will charge.
- You can choose to charge credit cards or ACH for every client.
- You can adjust the amount of the autopay.
- Notice the date field in the lower left corner; here you can set what date the autopays are scheduled to be run.
- Click the Schedule Selected Autopays button at the bottom.
- You will be taken to the Autopay Detail Report, which displays the autopays that you just scheduled. The report has the ability to delete scheduled autopays.
- There is also a checkbox at the top of Autopay Detail report titled "Only account autopays," which allows you to see autopays created just from the Account Balances report.
- This feature can only be used by staff members with the "Bulk Schedule Autopays from Account Balances Report" permission in the Reports section of the Staff Permissions screen.
To view and run this report, one of the following permissions must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Account Balances & Invoices
- Bulk Schedule Autopays from Account Balances report
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
Then, follow these steps:
- Select permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the "Account Balances & Invoices" and "Bulk Schedule Autopays from Account Balances report" permissions.
- Click Update.
Click here to learn about report icons.