The Trainer Conversions report tracks employees that have converted clients using a promotional service into buying more services. This report lists the original session delivered by the staff member, and then what sessions the client purchased later. It assumes that your staff members' services were so appreciated by clients, that they came back and purchased more.
Report's location: Go to the Reports tab and choose Staff from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Productivity from the filters, and then click Trainer Conversions to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Trainer Conversions by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Setting up the steps in the Trainer Conversion report
- Permissions that control access to this report
- Step 1. Choose the promotional class or appointment type (i.e., the class, enrollment, appointment, or media) that was provided by the employee to a client. This might be either a beginner level service that you use to attract new clients, or a service related to a particular discount. The report tracks class and appointment types because the baseline isn't really what's being sold at the POS, it's the amount of services being provided by a staff member, and services are tracked by class and appointment types
- Step 2. Choose dates during which the promotional service selected in Step 1 was provided.
- Step 3. Choose the date range that will track what future purchases were made after the promotional items have been used. You have the option to make the start date anything that you want, but for the purposes of the report, you probably want to make it come directly after the end date that you chose in Step 2.
- Step 4. Select a single staff member or choose all staff members.
- Step 5. Check this box if you want to filter your results by the revenue category associated to the pricing option used by the class or appointment type chosen in Step 1. We don't provide a dropdown of revenue categories for the subsequent purchases because there could be several. Revenue categories are set in the Pricing Options and Memberships Setup screens, and do not map to class or appointment types. Therefore, the results are either filtered to match the initial class and appointment type revenue categories…or not.
- Step 6. Generate the report or export it to Microsoft Excel or Adobe PDF.
The generated report shows all of the subsequent items that each client bought after he or she purchased the original session type.
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Entry Logs
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the Entry Logs permission.
- Click Update.
The word "conversion" is a hot word. If you want to refer to a conversion as something else (e.g., turnover), you can change the hot word for conversion on the Language Settings screen.
Click here to learn about report icons and date filters.