This report allows you to compare your employees with each other to see who is retaining the most clients. The report also indicates whether clients are returning more than once to the same staff member. You can also run the report for two different date ranges, allowing you to compare performance over time.
Report's location: Hit the Reports tab and choose Staff from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Productivity from the filters, and then click Staff Performance to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Staff Performance by name, and if it’s a report you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
- Define your data
- Analyze your data
- Permissions that control access to this report
Define your data
To manually change the report's start and end date, you can type the date(s) in, or click on "Quick Dates" to choose from Calendar Months, To Date, and Rolling Averages.
- Compare with: By checking this box, you can compare your employees performance between two different date ranges. For example, if you want to see if employees performed better in the summer than in the spring, then check this box. For the summer vs. spring example, the top start date would be 3/21/07 and the end date 6/21/07. For the lower start and end date boxes, you would enter the start date as 6/21/07 and the end date as 9/21/07.
- Start Date: If you checked the box for "Compare With," then you can compare performance with the top date range against a second date range.
- End Date: This is the end date for the second set of dates that you're using for comparison.
You can narrow the report's results by modifying the following fields:
- Show Tagged Clients Only: If you previously tagged a list of clients in the system, then checking this box will display only those clients. Click here to learn more about tagging.
- Visit Location: You can use this multi-select list to filter by multiple business locations or find sales from your online store. By default, the filter is set to All Locations.
- Service Category: Use this filter to select the service categories that you want the report to consider.
- Include no-shows and late-cancelled visits: When you check this box, clients who have not been signed in on the Sign-In sheet (for classes), as well as clients who have been late-cancelled (for appointments), will show up in the results as well.
- Go!: This will make the report magically appear based on the filters that you set. If you click Generate and nothing happens, then your instructors have not completed any appointments between the Start Date and End Date filters.
- Export to Excel: This will generate a spreadsheet containing the report's data in Microsoft Excel. To learn about exporting reports to Excel, click here.
- Export to PDF: This will format the report’s results into a PDF file that can be saved to your computer. Printing directly from a PDF may solve formatting issues that arise when trying to print reports directly from an internet browser.
- Save this Report: Click here to learn about using the “Save this Report” feature.
- Tag Add: Adds the list of clients displayed to the list of clients you have tagged in the past. Click here to learn about tagging clients.
- Tag New: This deletes the old list of tagged clients (it doesn't actually delete the clients, just the list), then it adds everyone displayed to a new list of tagged clients. It's the closest thing we have to starting with a new list of tagged clients. Click here to learn about tagging clients.
- Untag clients: This will remove any clients generated by the report from the tagged list. Click here to learn about tagging clients.
- Constant Contact: You can use this feature to convert the report’s results into a new contact list in Constant Contact. Simply click Constant Contact, give the contact list a unique name, and click Export. You can find this newly created list in your Constant Contact account.
Click here to learn about report icons and date filters.
- Instructor: The name of the staff member. This also includes inactive staff members who have taught in the selected time period.
- Appts (Appointments): Total number of completed appointments that the staff member performed in the specified date range.
- Hours: The total number of hours that this staff member performed appointments during this date range.
- Classes: The number of classes or enrollments the staff member taught during the given date range. At least one student must have been signed in to the class or enrollment in order for it to count.
- Hours: The total number of hours that this staff member taught classes and enrollments during this date range. At least one student must have been signed in to the class or enrollment in order for it to count.
- Attendance: The total number of people that attended services (classes + enrollments + appointments).
- Total Hours: The number of appointment hours, class hours, and enrollment hours combined for this staff member.
- Unique Clients: Total number of clients that used this staff member's services. This is different than the attendance. For example, if ten clients visited your studio last week and three of them visited twice, then of thirteen total visits only ten were unique. This includes all visitors for all services: appointments, classes, and enrollments.
- Retention Factor: This is the attendance divided by unique clients. The more that clients are coming to this teacher, then the higher the retention rate will be. Ultimately this is a measure of how well the staff member is performing.
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Staff Performance/Appointment Metrics/Retail Sales Performance Reports
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the "Staff Performance/Appointment Metrics/Retail Sales Performance Reports" permission.
- Click Update.