Once you set up your commissions, this report displays what commissions you need to pay your staff. It shows commissions only for products and pricing options sold through the Retail screen. You can run the report in summary view for all staff members, or in detail view for all staff or selected staff members. In detail view, the report also features a Grand Total row in addition to the commission amounts themselves. It displays the total for the Item Price column, the total number of sales, and the total amount of commission. If you pay your teachers a percentage for the revenue generated by a class or enrollment, the percentage will not show up here. That kind of commission appears on the Payroll report.
- Report's location
- Report's filters
- Track split commissions
- Permissions that control access to this report
Hit the Reports tab and choose Staff from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Payroll from the filters, and then click Commission to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Commission by name, and if it’s a report you use often then consider making it one of your favorites.
- View: Choose which staff members' commission to view. Pick from a summary view of all staff members, a detail view of all staff members, or choose a specific staff member and see a detailed view of their commissions. Only staff members who are setup to receive commission will appear in this menu.
- Products & Services: Choose to see the commission owed for products, for services, or for both.
- Location: Choose to see commissions owed for a single location or for all locations.
- Start Date: This is the start date for the Commission report.
- End Date: This is the end date for the Commission report.
- Show $0 Commissions: Tick this checkbox and the report will consider all sales instead of sales with positive commissions values only.
The Commissions feature can help you manage split staff commissions with hot words that you can change to differentiate between one commission and another. For example, if a commission is split between a sales rep and a service provider, you could name one commission "Sales Rep" and the other "Service Provider."
To make changes to hot words, just hit the Home tab, and select Manager Tools in the submenu. Choose Settings, and click on Words and Phrases, under General Settings.
Learn more about hot words and page phrases.
To view and run this report, one of the following permissions must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- Payroll Report/Payroll Export/Tips/Assistant/Commission Reports (All Staff)
- Payroll Report/Payroll Export/Tips/Assistant/Commission Reports (Users can view their own only)
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Report Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the two permissions, depending on the level of access you want to give the permission group.
- Click Update.
- Click here to learn about report icons and date filters.