This report gives the clock in and clock out times for your employees that use the Time Clock. For the entire article on the Time Clock, click here. If a staff member was clocked in by someone else, then a yellow icon will display beside the total hours for that session. Hover over the icon to see the name of the staff member who completed the clock in or clock out, as well as the date and time of the action.
- Using the Time Clock report
- Editing the time clock history when a mistake has been made
- Permissions that control access to this report
Hit the Reports tab and choose Staff from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Payroll from the filters, and then click Time Clock to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Time Clock by name, and if it’s a report that you use often, then consider making it one of your favorites.
The Time Clock Report allows you to see the hours worked for all of your staff member, their pay rates, their total time worked, and money due.
- Use the search filters to select the staff member(s), time period, and location. Check the Include Daily Subtotals box, and a sum for the total number of hours each employee has worked each day will appear underneath that day's time clock activity. If that sum is equal to more than a full shift (eight hours), then it will be displayed in red to highlight the overtime.
- Select Generate. This makes the report appear on the page.
- From here, you can print the report by clicking the printer icon near the top of the screen, or you can export to Microsoft Excel by clicking the Excel icon.
- Give this report to the person who is in charge of payroll.
If one of your staff makes a mistake clocking in and out, or for any other reason, you can edit their time clock history through the following steps. You must have all the permissions under Time Clock in the Staff Permissions Screen enabled to complete these steps.
- Click the clock icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Select View/Edit Time Clock from the dropdown menu.
- Click Generate, and find the staff member and the time period in which you are interested
- In the right hand column of the row in which you are interested, click Edit
- From this screen, alter the times.
- Click Update
To view and run this report, one of the following permissions must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- View all clock ins and clock outs
- Edits clock ins and clock outs
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Time Clock Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the applicable permissions.
- Click Update.