This report is useful for getting information about how much money you are going to make from upcoming autopays.
- By default, the report displays a list of the current day's scheduled autopays.
- This report provides the date, client name, phone number, location, item, credit card information, charge amount, and status associated with each transaction.
- Autopays may also be run through the Autopay Detail report screen by using the Run Checked Now button at the bottom of the report.
- This report gives a snapshot of the status of automatic payment transactions and is not meant to be used as a sales report.
- The report will display the transactions based on their scheduled date which can be found on the client's Autopay Schedule. If the transaction settles on a different date, the report will still display the autopay per its scheduled date with the correct status.
- The Autopay Detail report does not consider returns/refunds. Meaning, if an autopay ran successfully on Monday, but the sale was returned on Wednesday, then after the return the report will still display the successful payment from Monday.
- Before a payment has settled, the transaction will display on the report as pending.
- For 'month to month' autopays, that data will only be shown if you are running the report for the next month's autopays. (Example: If it is March and you are running the report for April, month to month autopays will show. However, if it is March and you are running the report for May, month to month autopays will be excluded.
- Reports Location
- Combined autopay sales
- Understanding the report's filters
- Running or deleting autopays
- Permissions that control access to this report
Hit the Reports tab and choose Payment Processing from the tabs on the left. To narrow the list, select Autopays from the filters, and then click Autopay Detail to open the report. You can always use the search bar at the top right to search for Autopay Detail by name, and if it’s a report you use often then consider making it one of your favorites.
To reduce your merchant account's transaction fees, if your clients have more than one autopay scheduled at the same location, on the same day, and with the same payment method (e.g., ACH, credit card), then the system will combine the autopays into one transaction and settle it. By combining multiple transactions into one, this feature will save you additional transaction fees and consolidate your client's purchase history. The autopay sale will be displayed as a single sale with each transaction separated into its own line item.
- Start Date: The beginning of the period that this report will display.
- End Date: The end of the period that this report will display.
- Status: You can filter the report's results by the status of the transaction. Choose Scheduled, Declined, Successful, Deleted or Suspended from the dropdown menu. By default, the report is set to display all transactions.
- Location: You can filter by multiple business locations or find sales from your Online Store. Choose a location from the dropdown list and click Generate. By default the report is set to "All Locations."
- Payment Method: You can filter by payment method by selecting Credit or Account from the dropdown menu. By default the report is set to All Payment Methods.
- Include autopays charged at POS: Check this box to include autopays that were charged at the Retail Point of Sale screen. With this box unchecked, the system filters out initial payments that were charged at the Retail screen (such as when a client pays upfront for the first month of a contract), and displays only true autopays that were processed on a regular schedule.
- Account autopays: Check this box to display only autopays scheduled from the Account Balances report.
- Auto Renewing: Check this box to display only autopays associated with contracts that are about to auto renew. This is useful in catching clients in time to change the text, terms, or fees of their contracts before they automatically renew to reflect the terms of the previous contract period.
- Tagged Clients Only: If you have tagged a list of clients in the system, checking Tagged Clients Only will show only sales of those clients who are on the tagged list.
- Generate: This button makes the report magically appear on the page.
From the Autopay Detail report, scheduled transactions can be deleted or run early.
Note: Removing month to month autopays will remove all scheduled pending autopays, on the clients account. If you wish to only remove some, pull up the clients autopay schedule through Account Details and remove them one at a time.
- Generate the report.
- Check the box to the right of the transaction you would like to run or delete.
- At the bottom of the screen, select either "Remove (Delete) Checked Transactions" or "Run All Checked Transactions Now."
- A box will pop up to verify the process.
To view and run this report, the following permission must be enabled for you or your staff's login group:
- View AutoPay schedule and history
To grant or restrict access to this report, just hit the Home tab and select Staff from the submenu. Choose Tools at the top right and click on Staff Permissions.
- Select a permission group from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Client Permissions.
- Check or uncheck the box for the "View AutoPay schedule and history" permission.
- Click Update.