Yes. However, they can be a bit tricky to process as they are gift cards with set limits, and transactions can get declined for various reasons, regardless of the available funds.
When running a transaction using a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex gift card, you should:
- Key in the transaction rather than swipe
- Do not enter a “Name on Account” or “CVV2” code
- Only enter the credit card number and the expiration date
Note: If you plan to use two different gift cards for the same transaction, complete the sale as an account balance. This will apply a negative balance on your client's account. From there, run each gift card separately to pay off the balance.
- Receiving Payments on Negative Account Balances
- How do I pay off a balance on a client's account?
- Account Payments (Apply Payments)
- Gift Cards and Account Payments