Depending on your processor, a transaction processed through a bank account can be voided prior to settlement. Click HERE to see details on voiding with your processor.
To void a transaction processed through a bank account in the MINDBODY software, you will need to navigate to the clients purchase history or to your Pending Transactions Report under the Merchant Account Transactions menu.
From the client's purchase history
- Click the Sale ID for the transaction.
- Choose the Void button.
From the Pending Transactions report
- Click the View/Void link next to the transaction that you'd like to void.
- Click the Void button.
- A popup will display; you must click Continue in this popup to process the void. If this transaction has already settled with your processor, then you'll receive an error and will not be able to void the transaction.
Is your void button grayed out?
There are a few reasons this could happen:
- The transaction has already settled. If you cannot find the transaction under Approved Transactions, or the phrase “Unsettled Transaction” does not appear next to the payment method in the client's purchase history, then this transaction has already settled and you must refund the transaction instead.
- The transaction that you are trying to void is associated with a pricing option in use. You must cancel appointments or make sessions unpaid before you can void this transaction.