This item is no longer sold or supported by MINDBODY
To install the Cognitive Blaster Advantage label printer on a PC, please follow the directions below. The cognitive label printer is not compatible with Macs.
- Part 1: Connect your printer to your PC
- Part 2: Load the stickers
- Part 3: Run a feed test
- Part 4: Install the Printer
- Part 5: Change the printer settings
- Part 6: Test the printer
- You'll need administrator access on your computer to complete this installation.
- Your printer should come with the following:
- Barcode printer power cord
- You will need to purchase one of the following:
- Parallel Printer Cable: you can use this if your computer has a parallel connection.
- Parallel to USB Converter Cable: you can use this if your computer only has USB connections, and does not have a parallel connection.
- Connect the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Connect the parallel cable, or USB to parallel converter cable, from your printer to the back of your PC.
- Make sure the printer is turned off. The printer On/Off switch can be found on the rear, right side of the printer.
- Raise the cover of the printer and remove the roll spindle from the inside of the printer.
- Replace the roll of stickers back onto the spindle with the sticker feed coming out from under the roll.
- Push the two black tabs on either side of the printer head towards the back of the printer until they click. This will cause the printer head piece to pop up.
- Pull up the printer head, and feed the roll of paper through the head.
- Push down on the printer head until it clicks to close.
- Close the printer cover.
A feed test verifies that the internal programming and hardware of the printer functions properly.
- Make sure the printer is off. The printer On/Off switch can be found on the rear right side of the printer.
- Locate the feed button in the front of the printer.
- Press and hold the feed button, and turn the printer on.
- Once the printer begins to print, release the feed button.
- The printer will print a series of barcodes and some information.
- Turn your printer on using the switch found on the rear right side of the printer. Your computer will automatically install the driver. To install it manually, follow the prompts below.
- Go to Devices and Printers on your computer. (This can generally be found in Start > Settings > Control Panel.)
- Click Add a Printer.
- Select the "Local Printer" attached to your computer, and click Next.
- Select "Use the existing port". Make sure "LPT1: (Recommended Printer Port)" is selected in the dropdown menu. Click Next.
- Scroll down the Manufacturer list, and select "Generic".
- Scroll down the Printers list and select "Generic/Text Only." Click Next.
- Important note: Do not change the printer name! Leave the printer name as "Generic/Text Only." Your printer will not work if this is not the printer name.
- Printer sharing is optional. Click Next to continue installing.
- Click Finish.
- Return to Devices and Printers on your computer.
- Right click on the Generic/Text Only printer.
- Select Printer Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Check "Print directly to the printer," and click Apply.
- Click on the Ports tab. Make sure that you only have one printer per port. You may need to expand the printer column to see if more printers are attached to the same port.
- If you used a Parallel to USB converter, you will need to reassign the printer to a Virtual USB port. Click an empty Virtual USB port, and click Apply.
- When printing product barcodes, your barcode printer must be the default printer. Once you are finished, you may reset the printers to your normal printer.
- Log in to your MINDBODY site.
- Click on your Home tab and select Products from the submenu.
- Find the product that you want to print barcodes for and click on the item name.
- Click on the Print Barcode link located next to the item.
- Select the printer and click Print Barcode from the Print Product Barcodes screen.
- Once the Print window opens, check to be sure that the default printer "Generic/Only" is selected in the dropdown menu, and click OK to print.
If the printer is not printing at all and has passed the feed test.
Check the following:
- The printer is connected to a live power source.
- The printer is connected to your PC through a parallel, or USB port.
- The labels are loaded properly.
- The printer is not renamed. The printer name must be "Generic/Text Only."
Reset the printer cache
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer while the printer is on.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in to the printer.
- Print another barcode.
Reset the printer
- Go to your Start menu.
- Select Settings > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes.
- Double click on the Generic/Text only printer.
- Select Printer.
- Select Cancel All Documents.
- Wait for the number of print jobs to turn to 0.
- Turn off the printer for 30 seconds, and then turn it back on again.
- Print another barcode.
If all of the methods above fail, restart your computer.
Click here to view the Hardware Return Policy.