To install the DYMO LabelWriter 400 and 450 label printer on a Mac, please follow the directions below.
Mac computer running a version of a Mac OS X.
To install the Dymo LabelWriter 400 and 450 label printer running on a Mac, please follow the directions below.
- Part 1: Download the driver
- Part 2: Verify installation
- Part 3: Test the printer
- DYMO software update
- Purchasing labels
- Contacting the manufacturer
- You'll need administrator access on your computer to complete this installation.
- Do not install the drivers using the CD that came with the unit. Instead, download the drivers here: Mac Driver
- If you have installed a previous version of DYMO LabelWriter software to your computer, please check to make sure you're using the latest version of the software, or locate and uninstall the older version.
- After the download is complete, click to open the item from the Downloads folder. Click Continue to allow your computer to install.
- Double click the file DYMO Label v.8.pkg to begin running the program.
- Begin by clicking Continue, and follow the prompts on the DYMO installation wizard.
- Once the installation is complete, you can close the window. Then plug the power cable in to a power source, and plug the USB cable in to a USB port on your computer.
- Quit Safari to restart your browser.
- Click Print & Scan, under the System Preferences folder.
- Verify that DYMO LabelWriter 400(450) Turbo appears as your default label printer.
- Log into your MINDBODY site.
- Hit the Home tab and select Products in the submenu.
- Find the product that you want to print barcodes for, and click on the item name.
- Click the Print Barcodes link located next to the item.
- Select the printer and click Print Barcode from the Print Product Barcodes screen.
If you receive a plug-in notification at the top of the Print Product Barcodes screen, select Trust. Log out and log back in to your MINDBODY site to continue.
If you are unable to print when trying to print labels from the Products > Inventory page and nothing happens when you click "Print Barcode," and no error shows, it's because you have the quantity set to 0. A positive quantitiy in the Inventory section needs to be set when printing barcodes.
It's a good idea to make sure you are using the latest version of the Dymo software. To find out what version you currently have installed, locate the Dymo icon on your desktop. It will look like this:
If you click on the icon once, the full name will appear and display the version of the software. As of 11/19/2016, the most current version is 8.5.4, which can be downloaded here: Dymo Software
You can use the filters at the top right of the Dymo site to see if there are any newer versions: Click on Software & Drivers > Change Product Type to Software > In the Model dropdown choose correct model number:"DYMO Label TM Software v____, Mac"
If you need to purchase additional labels, then be sure to select the "DYMO 30336 1" x 2-1/8" Label." Dimensions are in inches.
Please use the information below to contact Dymo, the product manufacturer, with questions or concerns on warranty for the hardware. Before calling, locate the serial or part number. This should be listed on the hardware device.
Dymo Customer Support:
- Phone: 877-724-8324
- Web: http://sites.dymo.com/Support
Click here to view the Hardware Return Policy.