If you are using a credit card swiper on a Mac, and it stops working, use the following steps to help you troubleshoot:
- Check to see if you can swipe to store the card in the billing information section of the client profile.
- Make sure the Java version on your computer is up to date. The retail screen has a lot of Java scripting, and this could cause the card not to read here but everywhere else in the site.
- If the swiper is working everywhere except the Retail screen, and Java is up to date, try unplugging and plugging in the swiper again.
- If the card is still not swiping and states a "Invalid card swipe. Please re-swipe your card" error, reinstall the swiper by following these steps:
- Plug the swiper into the USB port of your computer and make sure you have a credit card handy to run a test.
- From your desktop, open System Preferences.
- Select "Keyboard."
- Select the "Change keyboard type" Note: you Need to have the swiper plugged in to see this option.
- Click Continue.
- Follow additional steps to identify keyboard, and choose ANSI as the keyboard type, click Done.
- When you are notified to press a key, swipe your credit card.
- Select the US language.
- Click OK.
Click here to view the Hardware Return Policy.