Installation of your electronic cash drawer on your PC.
Dimensions: 16.25" x 16.2" x 4.3"
Make sure that your package contains the following:
- 1 cash drawer
- 2 keys
Before installing the cash drawer, you will need to install your Star Receipt Printer.
The login of "owner" will not be prompted for a cash drawer as this login is exempt.
Connect the cash drawer
Connect the cash drawer to the receipt printer. The cord has a telephone-like cable, which fits into the back of the Star receipt printer.
Change the Star receipt printer settings on your PC
- Go to your Start menu.
- Choose Settings > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click on the Star TSP receipt printer icon, and select Printer Properties.
- For TSP643, click on the Raster Print Options tab. For TSP650 and TSP143, click on the Device Settings tab.
- In the Cash Drawer section, next to Cash Drawer 1, select Document Top or set to Open Before Printing.
- Click OK to save your changes, and close the Properties window.
- For further printer setting instructions, please click here.
Test the cash drawer
If you have not already done so, log onto your MINDBODY site. You can print a receipt to test that the cash drawer pops open:
Print new receipt
- Click the Retail tab.
- Look up a client, preferably a test account.
- Add a product or service to the ticket.
- Choose any payment method.
- Click Save Print Receipt.
- Be sure to void the sale later if you do not want to keep a record of it.
If the cash drawer does not pop open, verify that:
- The drawer is unlocked.
- If you hear the cash drawer make a noise like it is trying to open, but it does not pop open, the drawer is locked shut. Use the keys that came with the drawer to unlock it. Additional keys can be ordered from the manufacturer.
- Click the back arrow at the top of this page to verify your settings.
You can set up multiple cash drawers for your business. The result is that all staff with access to the Retail tab must choose a cash register when they log in to your MINDBODY site.
Enable multiple cash drawers:
- Log into your MINDBODY site.
- Click on the Home tab and select Manager Tools from the submenu.
- Click on Settings and then on General Setup & Options under General Settings.
- Under Retail Settings, check the box to enable Cash Drawers (Multiple).
- Click Update to save your changes.
- Click the refresh button on your browser to reload the page.
Set up the cash drawer names and locations.
- Return to the Home tab and select Manager Tools from the submenu.
- Click on Settings and choose Cash Register Options under Retail Settings.
- Type the name of the cash drawer so that users can identify which one they are using when they log in.
- Choose location if you have multiple business locations.
- Click Add Cash Register.
The next time a staff person logs in, they must choose the cash register associated with their workstation.
NOTE: The login of "owner" will not be prompted for a cash drawer as this login is exempt.
Click here to view the Hardware Return Policy.