The credit card swiper, also known as the Credit Card Magnetic Reader, is plug-and-play and compatible with both PCs and Macs. There is no software to install. Simply plug the swiper into the USB port of your computer.
If you're interested in purchasing a credit card swiper, click here for more information.
- Only swipers purchased directly from MINDBODY are supported. While swipers purchased through a third party may work with the software, these devices have not been fully tested, and we cannot provide troubleshooting or setup assistance.
- If your credit card swiper is not registering a swiped card, it may need to be reprogrammed. Click here to learn more.
- Installing the swiper
- Enabling the swiper in your MINDBODY system
- Contacting the manufacturer
Connect the credit card swiper to your PC.
- Windows will automatically detect the driver, and the following window will display:
- Click Close.
- A green LED indicator on the top corner of the credit card swiper will appear, signifying that it is ready for use.
Connect the credit card swiper to your Mac.
Your computer will automatically detect the credit card swiper. A green LED indicator on the top corner of the credit card swiper will appear, signifying that it is ready for use.
To enable the credit card swiper within your MINDBODY system:
- Click on the Home tab and select Manager Tools from the submenu.
- Then, click Settings and choose General Setup & Options under General Settings.
- Click to expand the Merchant Account Processing Settings section.
- Check the box next to Credit Card Swiper to enable.
- Click Update at the bottom of the page.
Please use the information below to contact MAGTEK, the product manufacturer, with questions or concerns on warranty for the hardware. Before calling, locate the serial/part number. This should be listed somewhere on the hardware device.
MAGTEK customer support:
- Phone: 651-415-6800
- Web: https://www.magtek.com/support/
- Manual link: http://www.magtek.com/docs/99875191.pdf