- Part 1: Connect your printer to your Mac
- Part 2: Load paper
- Part 3: Feed test
- Part 4: Install the driver
- Part 5: Adding the receipt printer and setting the default printer
- Part 6: Change printer settings and install a cash drawer
- Automatic receipt printing
- Contacting the manufacturer
You'll need administrator access on your computer to complete this installation.
- Locate the printer's power cord (it comes in two pieces). It can be found in a small white box with the Star Micronics logo on it.
- Locate the USB cable that connects the receipt printer to the computer. It will be in a plastic bag with the Tripp-Lite logo on it.
- Plug the power cord in to the back of the printer and a power source.
- Connect the square end of the USB cable into the printer.
- Connect the rectangular, slimmer end of the USB cord to your computer.
- Turn on the printer, using the switch on its side.
- Your computer will automatically install the driver. To install it manually, follow the prompts as explained in Part 4 below.
- If you see a red error light flashing, load paper (Part 3) before you begin installing.
One starter roll of 80 mm (3 ⅛ inch) thermal receipt paper is sent with your printer. When the paper runs low, your printer's red error light will begin to flash.
80 mm thermal receipt paper can be purchased at most office supply stores and online.
To load more paper:
- Press the open lever on the cover of the printer.
- Gently push the roll into place until it is touching the lower black button. If the lower button is not depressed by the paper roll, the error light will flash.
- Caution! The paper gauges are fragile. If they become detached, then you'll need to take the printer apart in order to reattach the gauges.
- Do not try to feed the paper through the front rollers on the cover. The correct way to load the paper is to make sure the paper comes out from underneath the roll as if you were loading a roll of toilet paper under instead of over. Pull the paper feed out of the printer.
- With the paper feed hanging out the front of the printer, close the cover by pushing it down onto the paper until it clicks.
- Turn the printer on.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold down the feed button on the front of the printer.
- While holding the feed button down, turn the printer on.
- Release the feed button as the printer begins printing a receipt with its settings.
- If a receipt with settings was printed, then your printer is working correctly.
You will need administrator access on your computer to complete this installation.
- Turn your printer on using the switch on its side, and follow the steps to manually install your driver. If you have already installed the driver, skip to Part 5.
- Click here to download the zip file that contains the drivers to your MAC.
- Once the file is downloaded, open the .zip file found under your Downloads folder on your computer.
- Open the driver file, and click on starcupsdrv-3.1.1.pkg.
- Follow the prompts for installation.
- Check to make sure the pop-up blockers on your computer have been turned off by opening the apple menu on the top left of your screen, and clicking Preferences.
- Safari settings:
Turn off the pop-up blocker.
2. Add the printer and set it as the default printer:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Faxes.
- Check to be sure the correct printer and driver have been selected. If not, click on the Plus "+" sign to add a new printer (only on older Apples).
- Star TSP100 (TSP143) should appear in your printer list after a few moments.
- The Name should say "Star TSP143"
- The Location should list your computer's name.
- In the Print Using menu, select "Star TSP143." (If that is not an option, please verify that you have followed the driver installation instructions above.)
- Click Add.
- In the Default Printer menu, please select "Star TSP143."
- In the Default Paper Size in Page Setup menu, select "US Letter."
- Log in to your MINDBODY system.
- Click on the Retail tab and add items to a new sale.
- Select Payment Method and click Save Print Receipt.
- Verify that the printer selected is TSP143. If it is not, please see the section above to set the printer as the default.
- Select File > Page Setup. The Safari Page Setup settings are displayed.
- Set "Format for" to TSP143.
- Expand the printer window by clicking on the downward arrow on the right side of the box. The following settings only need to be set once (your printing page may look different than the examples below):
- Uncheck the "Print headers and footers box."
- Click on the dropdown menu titled Safari (within this print box), and select "Printer Features."
- From the Feature Sets dropdown list, select "Output Options."
- From Page Type, select "Variable Length."
- From the Feature Sets dropdown list, select "Cut Options."
- From Page Cut Type, select "Partial Cut."
- From Document Cut Type, select "Partial Cut."
- Cash drawer installation: If you purchased a cash drawer from MINDBODY, select "Cash Drawer Control" from the Feature Sets menu.
- From the Cash Drawer menu, select "Open Drawer 1."
- From the Cash Drawer 1 Pulse Width Menu, select "200 milliseconds."
- Verify that the cash drawer is plugged in to the back of the receipt printer.
- Save settings as a preset:
- From the Presets menu, select "Save Current Settings as Preset."
- Set a preset name.
- Click OK to save settings as your receipt preset. Save them for this printer only.
6. The following setting needs to be selected every time you print: from the Paper Size menu, select "72mm x 200mm."
7. Click Print.
The Automatic Receipt Printing feature (General Setup & Options > Retail Settings Section) is compatible only with OS X 10.6 or more recent. Please upgrade your operating system to print receipts automatically.
Firefox is not compatible with printing receipts because it requires the Automatic Receipt Printing feature to be enabled. The Automatic Receipt Printing feature (General Setup & Options > Retail Settings section) is compatible only with OS X 10.6 and more recent.
Please use the information below to contact Star Micronics, the product manufacturer, with questions or concerns on the warranty for the hardware. Before calling, please locate the serial or part number. This should be listed somewhere on the hardware device.
Star Micronics Customer Support:
- Phone: 800-782-7636
- Web: http://www.starmicronics.com/Supports/SupportMain.aspx
Click here to view the Hardware Return Policy.